- Career Overview: Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools.
- Salary Ranges: $34,569-$64,302
- Career Overview: Masons smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints.
- Salary Ranges: $23,200-$52,740
- Career Overview: Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Salary Ranges: $22,520-$45,470
Drywall & Finishes
- Career Overview: Applies plasterboard or other wallboard to ceilings or interior walls of buildings. Applies or mounts acoustical tiles or blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound. Materials may be of decorative quality.
- Salary Ranges: $36,400-$48,900
- Career Overview: Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
- Salary Ranges: $33,328-$71,384
- Career Overview: Loads and unloads materials. Prepares areas for insulating, may include caulking, sealing and/or installing baffles. Depending on type of insulating material may cut and install Batt insulation, load blower or foam machines with insulating materials and blow into areas to correct depth and density. May also install firestops, waterproofing materials and vapor barriers.
- Salary Ranges: $19,790-$67,210
- Career Overview: Measures, fabricates and installs a variety of windows, doors and other glass installations for building fronts, curtain walls, entrances, ceilings, etc. Responsible for preparing, mounting and securing glass. May install mirrors, shower doors, railing systems and skylights and related hardware such as handles, locks, hinges.
- Salary Ranges: $27,910-$60,250
Heavy Equipment Operator
- Career Overview: Heavy equipment operators use mobile construction equipment, including cranes, bulldozers, and conveyors.
- Salary Range: $34,320 - $63,315
- Career Overview: Install, service, and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in residences and commercial establishments.
- Salary Ranges: $48,880-$71,780
- Career Overview: Raises, places, erects and installs structural, architectural and reinforcing steel. Sets and installs girders, beams, trusses, platforms, columns, rebar cages and other components. Erects and removes temporary supports. Assembles hoisting equipment and rigging to move materials and equipment. May fabricate and install ornamental ironwork such as door frames, railings and stairs. May erect pre-engineered structures, install sheet metal siding and roofing.
- Salary Ranges: $27,920-$91,160
Mason (Brick, Block, Stone)
- Career Overview: Prepares and lays masonry materials including, but not limited to, brick, concrete blocks, cinder blocks, structural tiles, to construct structures such as walls, partitions, arches, chimneys, sewers, fireplaces, etc. Requires ability to work from blueprints and use measuring, leveling and aligning tools to determine vertical and horizontal placement.
- Salary Ranges: $26,630-$67,910
- Career Overview: Prepares interior and exterior surfaces for paint application, including cleaning, patching, repairing and texturizing as needed. Applies paint, varnish, stain, enamel or other related materials to walls, ceilings, concrete, masonry and other surfaces using brushes, spray painters and rollers. May also apply protective coatings, waterproofing material and wall coverings such as wallpaper and fabric.
- Salary Ranges: $19,680-$48,860
- Career Overview: Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems.
- Salary Ranges: $29,700-$68,850
- Career Overview: Installs piping systems. Following system specifications, digs, grades and levels trenches or culverts. Positions piping, may rig piping for hoisting. Seals joints. May cut or drill openings in walls, floors, ceilings or other structures to run piping. May backfill on smaller projects.
- Salary Ranges: $28,780-$60,080
- Career Overview: Plumbers assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes. They install and maintain pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases.
- Salary Ranges: $35,360-$71,635
Sheet Metal Worker
- Career Overview: Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
- Salary Ranges: $50,960-$68,349
- Career Overview: Measures, cuts and prepares tiles according to design plans using power wet saws, tile scribes or other hand-held tools. Prepares and applies mortar, mastic or other adhesives, laying tiles on walls, floors, ceilings and other surfaces. Applies grout and other finishes or sealants. May assist with surface preparation including installation of plywood, backer boards, mud/shower pans, etc. Includes installation of marble and glass tiles.
- Salary Ranges: $25,370-$91,310
- Career Overview: Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- Salary Ranges: $40,394-$73,445